Monday, April 20, 2009

Sleep has a huge influence in your energy levels

I think there is one more thing about sleeping that I would like to add. Even if you get 8 hours of sleep per day, but go to bed or get up at a different time it can affect your energy levels.In my case, because of the nature of the airline industry I usually get up at different times, in different time zones and even though I always try to get 8 hrs just the fact that it is not always from 9:00 pm until 5:00 am, I feel restless and tired during my work days. Somedays I go to bed at 9:00 pm EST other days I go to bed at 12:00 AM EST then when I return home I usually go to bed at midnight Pacific time. When I have time off which is usually at least twelve to sixteen consecutive days at times, and I follow a routine like going to bed aroung midnight getting up at 8 am, having breakfast right away and hitting the gym aroung 9:00 am. My day goes much better, and I am less forgetful and more energetic throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment