Saturday, April 11, 2009

If you love to eat more than you should!

Hey guys!

It's been quite a few days since the last time I added a post. Anyways I want to talk about getting used to eating what your body needs to perform efficiently. Not whatever you want to eat nor necessarily being undernourished but instead nourished in a balanced fashion. on September of 2007 I went on a trip to Kona Hawaii, weeks before the trip I was really excited about getting photos with a beautiful Hawaiian tan and a nice looking body. When I got back from the trip and was looking at all my photos, when suddenly I saw myself in a way that I had never imagined. Me who normally used to weigh between 118-125 lbs in the past had that svelte image of myself that never thought I would looked horrendous in a swimsuit. That was a turning point. a couple days later I weighed myself and I was 148 lbs still a healthy weight for my height but acknowledging the fact that I am only 23 years old and that women gain a lot of weight as we age, I knew that if I didn't put a step forward at that time later would be much harder because the pounds would keep adding up. I started changing all my eating patterns. Since I started my relationship with my current partner, we have done tons of things together and we both love to eat out. Panera Bread, Cheese Cake Factory, Olive Garden, you name it.But the first thing that comes into most people's minds is:
"I should eat it all because we are paying a lot for it" in some cases or "it's really good I should eat it all". But if you go back in time when you were a kid and mom tried telling you a million times that you needed to finish your meal and you probably couldn't finish it because she served way too much... You know why? because eating extra is something we have learned throughout the years, through the multiple advertisements we are bombarded every day and the convenience of eating out. When we were younger we didn't know these thing worked. We didn't know how much eating out costs, or that we should continue eating until we explode because the food is so good. Take for instance a baby, they drink the milk from the babe bottle until they are full. They don't keep eating just in case tomorrow mom won't feed him/her.
Well the good news is that habits are reversible and you can change the way you eat now! The process takes approximately 21 days to get used to eating less. And because your stomach is also a muscle, it will adapt to your new habits eventually and you will eat what you need, not every single piece of food on your plate. In my case, By January of 2008 I had lost the extra baggage
(approximately 20 lbs) with little to no effort, no personal trainer, no intense workout, as a matter of fact I wasn't even working out that much at the time. Maybe once every two weeks if that counts. Just reducing the size and quality of my meals.

There are no magic pills for weight loss but with discipline the achievements are endless.

I hope this quick example of real life motivates you and moves you towards your healthy goal.

Hugs,

LK

No comments:

Post a Comment